Here are some quick tips I learned when going to apply for my passport.
· Check on the web to see what locations offer passport processing.
· Get there early because the post office accepts only a limited amount of applications a day.
· Bring your driver’s license, birth certificate, and checkbook.
· When you complete your application, the USPS will keep your birth certificate until you receive the passport in the mail.
· Fill out the application in black ink only and if you’re unsure about something, leave it blank and the postal employee will be more than happy to assist you.
· Get your photos taken in house. Cost is $15 for two pictures. Places like FedEx Office offer cheaper prices, but I’m a one stop shop type of girl so it’s worth the three extra bucks.