· Have an idea what you are looking for or in need of.
Today I am searching for a knit skinny tie and something with a cheetah print, instead I met a guy (Jan.10).
· While most items of clothing are in need of a good clean, still check for stains because not all stains can be removed (ex:ink,tar,wine), even by your local dry cleaner. If a stain is located in an inconspicuous place (ex: lining) it’s no big deal.
· Check for damage. If there is damage that you cannot afford to repair, leave it at the store.
· Try on all garments. Sometimes tailoring is necessary and a great investment if you happen to stumble upon a unique find.
· Don’t just purchase an item because it is inexpensive.
· Most thrift stores are FINAL SALE so be careful when choosing.
· Look for classic pieces in good condition.
· You can always do simple and affordable updates like changing a button.
· The best thrift stores are sometimes found in affluent neighborhoods.